MAY/JUNE 2021 GRANGE NEWS
To get new members.
The Grange year for the membership department ends June 30. Which means there is not much time to get new members on your membership roll. Remember these new members need to receive the obligation!
To get input from your members about the Growth through Action packet.
Take this information and form a plan for your Grange!
To complete the Growth through Action participant packet.
Once completed for your Grange, send me a photo or email of it for credit towards the membership program.
Just a reminder there are five parts to the Growth through Action membership program. The first item
was the workshop in January. There is still time to complete the remaining four items and help your
Grange succeed this year. These items are:
- Show that the program has been completed.
- Take in a new member (or more).
- The new member receives the obligation or degree work.
- Complete and submit the annual membership report.
Hopefully your Grange has been able to either meet in person or via Zoom. Take advantage of the
Michigan State Grange Zoom link. Studley Grange has been using it monthly since November.
I wish everyone a Happy Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Memorial Day – the unofficial start to summer!
JULY/AUGUST 2021 GRANGE NEWS
Welcome to summer! I hope your Grange has been able to complete the Growth through Action packet. There is a lot of good information that can help your Grange evaluate its growth potential.
June 30 was the end of the membership year. Hopefully your Grange was able to take in a new member or two. If your Grange completed the Growth through Action program, please send me a photo or email of it so you can receive credit at the Michigan State Grange session. It does not need to be 100% complete. I realize there are parts that may not pertain to every Grange.
My program year of the Growth through Action is wrapping up. Just a reminder of the parts you need to complete for credit:
- Participated in the online Growth through Action workshop in January.
- Show that the program has been completed. Photos or scans sent via email will be accepted.
- Take in a new member (or more); can be associate or subordinate. Only 1 point total possible; not based on how many members gained.
- The new member receives the obligation or degree work by August 31.
- Complete and submit the annual membership report by September 10.
I hope to see an increase in membership for Michigan this year. Of course this also means each Grange needs to do their part to get members.
Enjoy the beautiful days of summer!