MARY ANN ROCCO
145 Beadle Lake Drive
Battle Creek, MI 49014
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2021 GRANGE NEWS
Summer is coming to an end and Fall is right around the corner. Colored leaves and pumpkins will be here before we know it.
Our Granges have had another very interesting year. Some of your Community Services Projects may still look a little different or are still on hold from the restrictions of Covid-19.
Hopefully you have completed your Community Service Report or are working on completing it. If your Community Service activities have been on hold or not what you anticipated for this year, you can still fill out the Community Service Summary Report Form and submit it as your Community Service Report without a booklet.
All nominations for the VIP Award, Law Enforcement Officer, Firefighter/EMT and Teacher of the Year nominates, along with your Community Service Report are due to me by September10th. You may mail all your nominations and your Community Service Report in the same package.
I have tried to pass along information in pervious Grange Newsletters as a guide and have mailed out your registration form along with the guidelines for your report. If you have any questions at all please give me a call or email me.
Remember your Community Service Report and Award Nominations need to be to me in Battle Creek by September 10th, 2021 to be judged.
As we start the new Grange calendar year, lets hope we can return to doing all our Community Service projects.
Enjoy the remaining days of summer, and I’ll see you at the Michigan State Grange convention.
Mary Ann Rocco
JULY/AUGUST 2021 GRANGE NEWS
It has been over 400 days since we were able to fully enjoy the company of our extended family and friends. We now can resume our monthly Grange meetings and community service activities to the fullest.
As you are working on your community service projects, I hope you were able to expand and add a new project this year.
It’s never too late to give a helping hand to your community.
Here are a couple of ideas:
- Read a book to a person who is visually impaired.
- Tutor a child during summer break.
- Volunteer to help with Vacation Summer School in your area.
- Continue to collect coupons for local food pantries and shelters.
- No project is too small when helping others.
Special awards were outlined in last months Michigan Grange News. Refer to it if you are thinking about nominating a special person in your Grange.
August 31st marks the end of our Community Service year. Your Community Service Report is due on September 10th, 2021. That means it needs to be delivered to the State Community Service Director on or before that date. (If special arrangements need to be made for the delivery of your Community Service Report please contact me.)
Mary Ann Rocco
145 Beadle Lake Drive, Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
(Just a little note, when mailing your materials please put Drive on the address. There is also Beadle Lake Road and a Beadle Lake in the same zip code.) 269 209-6640 firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a review of information and organization of our Community Service Report.
The Notebook Reports
- Please place the summary report at the beginning of the Notebook. It is required!
- Please do not send more than one Notebook. Notebooks cannot be larger than a 2 inch binder
- Videotapes and computer discs cannot be used in place of a report for judging.
Organize the Notebooks.
- Tell the your story as you organize your projects
- Group the projects together
- Keep items that support your projects, like thank you letters and newspaper articles, with or without photos.
- Simplify your notebook by selecting the best couple of photos for each project.
- Be concise and stick to the point. More is not always better.
Ways to Organize
- Organize by New Projects and Continuing Projects
- Or-Organize in chronological order from the beginning to the end of the year
- Or -Organize by the largest projects to the smallest projects
- Keep the page clean and concise
- List all project at the beginning of the book (Index)
- Donations for a project should be noted
- If tabs are use make sure they are secured so they don’t fall out
- Remember the notebook maximum size is a 2-inch binder.
Something to think about
- Each State Grange may submit one nominee for each category, Firefighter, Law Enforcement Officer and Teacher of the Year. A Dedicated Worker and a Very Important Person Award.
- Nominations need to be turned in with your Community Service Report.
The National Grange website has information on the Do’s and Don’ts of a Community Service Report.
COMMUNITY SERVICE REPORTS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 10th, 2021.
Stay safe and enjoy your summer!