JULY/AUGUST 2021 GRANGE NEWS
The Bible is filled with stories of transformation. From David who found courage and strength to fight Goliath and later became king, to Zacchaeus who changed his ways after Jesus met with him, to Jonah who found courage after God intervened through the use of a large fish. These are just a few stories of people in the Bible who were transformed by God. These people did not change in just one area of their life, however. They were transformed entirely because God’s Word and goodness changed their innermost being. They were able to find peace, courage, strength, and forgiveness, forever setting them on a path that God planned for them, and that was better than anything they could ever imagine. Through being transformed on the inside, their lives were transformed on the outside.
We do not only have to look at the Bible to see acts of transformation. They are all around us. When we accept God into our hearts, we are forever changed. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!” When we accept Christ into our lives, He works through all the hurt, fear, anger, and past experiences that affect our daily life. He brings us healing so that we may walk forward and find joy in what God has planned for us. From the inside, we are transformed. Instead of living in sin and shame, we can live as a light of Christ. NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2021 GRANGE NEWS
Six Little Stories with Lots of Meaning
1. Once all villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one little boy brought an umbrella. That is faith!
2. When you throw babies in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That is trust!
3. Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but we still set alarms to wake us up. That is hope!
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. That is confidence!
5. We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children. That is love!
6. On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence, ‘I’m not 80 years old; I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience. That is attitude!
Have a happy day and live your life like these six stories. Remember, good friends are the rare jewels of life, difficult to find and impossible to replace.