GRANGE: AMERICAN VALUES, HOMETOWN ROOTS
1. To serve the needs and interests of youth.
2. To recognize and develop talents and leadership abilities of young people.
3. To compliment the total Grange program.
4. To provide learning experience through special program.
5. To encourage Youth participation in Grange events. YOUTH/YOUNG ADULT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
To award achievements of Youth/Young Adult participation in either the Subordinate or Pomona Grange. Each Grange may give as many awards as members are qualified. Points will be given for participation.
1. A Fourth degree member.
2. Involvement in attendance, office held, working on projects, committees, school activities, etc.
3. Fill out and mail completed report to State Grange Youth Director by September 10 of each year.
AWARD: A certificate to be awarded at the State Grange Convention. SPECIAL RECOGNITION FOR POMONA AND SUBORDINATE GRANGES
To provide the opportunity to recognize the Youth Program of Pomona and Subordinate Granges.
1. Chairman to fill out annual report form.
2. Report due to State Grange Youth Director by September 10 of each year.
AWARD: Certificates to be awarded at the Annual Convention. YOUTH/YOUNG ADULT CAMPS
The State Grange Youth/Young Adults will be holding one camp in conjunction with the Juniors during the summer. Any Grange youth 14 years of age and over is invited to attend the camps
1. The camp is for Youth and Young Adults—may be Grange member or non-member.
2. Non-members must be invited by a Grange youth or young adult.
3. All attendees must present a consent form, signed by parent or guardian.
4. All campers will pay the designated fee (if applicable).
5. Attendees are required to follow rules, or must leave. YOUTH AMBASSADOR — MICHIGAN ONLY
The State Grange Youth will be offering the Ambassador program to recognize two individual youth (one male and one female) that show achievement, participation and dedication to the Grange. Youth to be honored at the Annual State Session in October. May complete requirements to participate in the National Horizon Leadership Award program and attend the National Session in November.
1. Age limit — 16-21 years of age.
2. Previous Ambassadors are not eligible.
3. Must complete an application by the summer youth camp. Selection of Ambassadors will be made Saturday night of the summer camp.
4. Must complete three of the National Youth Achievement Awards or Seals.
5. Must be able to attend the youth activity days at State Session.
6. Preference will go to those that complete the requirements for the Horizon Leadership Awards and are able to go to the National Session.
MICHIGAN GROW CLUB
The Michigan GROW (Go Right on Working) Club includes past Ambassadors, Prince, Princesses, Youth Couple, Youth Officers, who attended National Grange, Key Award Winners, Outstanding Young Adult winners, Teenage Award Winners, Grange Recruiters, and Young Agriculturists. All these positions were or are in the Youth/Young Adult Program. GROW Club pins are available.