Michigan State Grange
Publicity - Information
- Appoint an Information Chairman. (Publicity and Public Relations)
- Publicize meeting dates.
- Publicize programs, projects and activities. Work with officers and Committee Chairmen.
- Identify Grange name and number and meeting date and time on outside of Grange hall or meeting place.
- Present a Media Award to your newspaper and/or others who publicize Grange events.
- When writing articles use the 5 “W” system. What, Where, When, Who and Why?
- Contact daily and weekly newspaper editors, TV and radio stations. Becoming friends with media leadership is beneficial.
- Write and thank news media following coverage.
- Plan special coverage for Ag Day or Ag Week, Grange Month, Better Hearing and Speech Month, conferences and the State Grange Convention.
- Keep trying and you will see your news in print or hear it on the radio or TV!
- Send copies of newsletters or newspaper articles or a written summary of radio or television coverage, to the State Grange Office so your Grange will receive a certificate at the State Grange Convention.
Special recognition will be given to the Granges that report publicity, fair booths, attend or host conferences, have special programs where non-members are invited and any other forms of PR during the year.