Congratulations on being elected Master of your Grange!
Responsibility and privilege are yours. Holding this important position requires dedication, patience, hard work, and diplomacy.
FOR A PRODUCTIVE GRANGE
1. Elect and Install Officers
2. Appoint Committees: Involve everyone. Ask Committee Chairmen to report at each meeting.
3. Conduct a yearly planning meeting with your Officers and Committee Chairmen.
4. Open and Close the meeting in proper form, following the Order of Business. Practice good ritual. One meeting per month is required. Two meetings per month provide greater interest and more opportunities to develop the total Grange program.
5. Plan for delegate representation at the Annual Convention of the Michigan State Grange. The Master and spouse, or duly elected alternates are eligible.
6. Act on resolutions and send them to the State Grange Secretary for action at the Annual Convention.
7. Develop a plan for membership growth. Use the obligation ceremony, followed by the full degrees.
8. Encourage annual Degree Conferral's.
9. Be an active part of your community.
10. “Whatever you do, strive to do it well.”
GOLD STAR GRANGE PROGRAM
The purpose of this program is to recognize Subordinate Granges for their work. It is intended to strengthen Subordinate Granges by encouraging participation in the total Grange program. Granges are encouraged to do those things of which they are capable, improving and increasing activity, thereby becoming a vital part of the community. Participation by all departments and members of the Grange is essential to Grange success. This program will reward those Granges who fulfill the eight requirements listed and 10 of the 15 optional achievements.
1. Take in new members _______. How Many? ______
2. Quarterly Reports in to State Grange on time. (30 days after end of quarter.) _____________
3. Opening and Closing in form and holding all regular meetings. One meeting per month is required.______
4. Delegates to State Grange Convention. _________
5. Must have 13 members, the legal limit. _________
6. A Lecturer’s Program at all regular meetings._______
7. A Visit by a State Grange Officer (other than one who is a member of your Grange.) by invitation. Who ___________________ When ______________
1. Entered and reported in Community Service Contest _____________.
2 Participation in Degree or Obligation Ceremony Conferral. _______________ 3. Officers installed in full form. ______________
4. Appointments of all Committee Chairmen which are suggested by State Grange. __________
5. Committees reporting at regular meetings. ________
6. Support for Lecturer’s Department __________
A. entry in at least one contest.
7. Participation in Family Activities Program. ________
A. List them.
8. Participation in Youth/Young Adult Program ______
A. Youth /Young Adult Conference/Camp
9. Support of Junior Grange Program. __________
A. Junior Grange presently operating/ organization of New Junior Grange
B. Participation in at least one program/contest in Junior Program (Several are open to children and grandchildren of Grange members.) (One must be completed to count)
10. Grange Deaf Awareness Program ____________
A. Contribution to State Grange Deaf Fund
B. Do Program on the subject of deafness or hearing protection. (both must be completed to count
11. Observance of Grange Month __________
B. Community Citizen Award
C. Exhibit, display, or poster in prominent place
(Two of the above must be completed to count)
12. Observance of a Community or Booster Night _____
13. At least one resolution forwarded for action at State Grange Convention. _________
14. Representatives at one or more leadership conferences or workshops sponsored by the State Grange, County, or Subordinate Grange. ____________ 15. Use of Publicity — TV, Radio, Newspapers, Social Media _______
***CONTEST DATES ARE FROM SEPTEMBER 1, TO AUGUST 31. Reports are due to the State Grange office no later than September 10th. All Granges qualifying will be recognized with a Gold Star Grange Certificate at the State Grange Convention. A scrapbook is not required. The entry and report will consist of this form only. Send to: Peggy Johnston, Secretary, Michigan State Grange, 404 S. Oak Street, Durand, MI 48429.