Anyone who is 14 and older are encouraged to enter any or all of the categories:General Rules:
1. All entries must be labeled with an official label and entry forms must be completed prior to entering in competition. Contact your Family Activities Chairman for labels.
2. Workmanship must be that of entrant.
3. Only one entry per class: (classes —afghans, doily, plastic canvas, etc.)
4. Adult entries will receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places and all entries will receive a participation ribbon.
5. Junior entries will received ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place plus a $3 cash prize for 1st prize, $2 cash prize for 2nd place and $1 cash prize for 3rd place. All entries will receive a participation ribbon.
6. Best of Show award will be awarded by the Judges. All entries will be eligible to receive this honor.Adult Home Arts Categories
All Grange members 14-100+ (Men and Women) are encouraged to enter any or all of this year’s categories.I Baked Goods (men and women)
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed.
- Must be made from scratch, no mixes
- Display should be on a disposable plate or pan
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor.
A. Bundt CakesII Baking with Cake Mix
A. Cake Mix Cakes - must use 6 ingredients
B. Cookies made with cake mixesIII Homemade Candies
A. Halloween Candies
B. Christmas CandiesIV Knitting
B. Lap Robe
C. Scarf and MittensV Crocheting
C. Scarf and MittensVI Embroidery
A. Pillow (maximum 18" X 18")
B. Pillow cases (set of 2)
C. Any OtherVII Counted Thread
A. Cross Stitch (if picture-no frame)
B. Plastic Canvas
C. Any Other (Needlepoint, Hardanger)VIII Quilting — Quilts only
C. TiedIX Quilted Items
A. Table RunnerX Sewing
A. Pillow case (set of 2)
B. Purse or tote
C. Any OtherXI Snowman (no bigger then 18 inches)
Any mediumXII Christmas Decorations
A. Plastic Canvas
C. Any OtherXIII Miscellaneous
B. Fairy Garden
C. Decorated PumpkinJunior Home Arts Categories
Each category will be judged in 4 age groups:
Division I Junior Members - 6 & under
Division II Junior Members - 7-8 years old
Division III Junior Members - 9-11 years old
Division IV Junior Members - 12-14 years oldI Baked Goods
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed
- Must be from scratch (no mixes)
- Display of SIX should be on a disposable plate or pan
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor
A. Cookies from a cake mix
B. Decorated Cupcakes
Judging for categories II—VI will be based equally on workmanship, creativity and design.II Sewing
A. Laundry Bag
C. Any OtherIII Crochet or Knit
A. Dish cloth
C. Any OtherIV Plastic Canvas
A. Any ItemV Paper Mache
A. Any Item - Up to 8"VI Lego Building
A. Any Item - Up to 8"VII Birdhouse
A. Made from any medium (wood, plastic, etc.) - Up to 8"