Anyone who is 14 and older are encouraged to enter any or all of the categories:General Rules:
1. All entries must be labeled with an official label and entry forms must be completed prior to entering in competition. Contact your Family Activities Chairman for labels.
2. Workmanship must be that of entrant.
3. Only one entry per class: (classes —knitting, crocheting, clothing, etc.)
4. Adult entries will receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places and all entries will receive a participation ribbon.
5. Junior entries will received ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place plus a $3 cash prize for 1st prize, $2 cash prize for 2nd place and $1 cash prize for 3rd place. All entries will receive a participation ribbon.
6. Best of Show award will be awarded by the Judges. All entries will be eligible to receive this honor.Adult Home Arts Categories
All Grange members 14-100+ (Men and Women) are encouraged to enter any or all of this year’s categories.I Baked Goods (men and women)
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed.
- Must be made from scratch, no mixes
- Display should be on a disposable plate or pan
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor.
A. Cherry Pie (from scratch)
B. Angel Food Cake or Sponge Cake (from scratch)
C. Quick Breads (from scratch)
D. Peanut Butter Cookies (from scratch)
II Homemade Candies
A. Any type of fudge (from scratch)
B. Any other type of candy (from scratch)
A. Pickles (any variety)
B. Salsa (any style)
IV Dried Foods
A. Dried Meats (jerky, summer sausage, etc.)
B. Dried Fruits or Vegetables
A. Any knitted item
A. Any crocheted item
VII Quilting (open to members and non-members)
A. Any form of quilting
A. Decorated T-shirt (anything)
B. Apron (any style or format)
IX Pillow Cases
A. Any format
X Greeting Cards
A. Any holiday
A. Any item (must be small enough to display on a table)
XII Garden Sparklers
A. Any style (check on line for description and ideas)
XIII Antique Home
A. Grandma's Kitchen or Home items
B. Grandad's Tool Shed
XIV Miscellaneous Crafts
A. Anything goes! Any article that does not fall in any other class or department.
Junior Home Arts Categories
Division I Ages 5-9
Division II Ages 10-14
A. No Bake Cookies
Be sure to check out other contests for Junior's in the Lecturer's, Juniors, and Deaf Awareness Programs.