Anyone who is 14 and older are encouraged to enter any or all of the categories:General Rules:
1. All entries must be labeled with an official label and entry forms must be completed prior to entering in competition. Contact your Family Activities Chairman for labels.
2. Workmanship must be that of entrant.
3. Only one entry per class: (classes —afghans, doily, plastic canvas, etc.)
4. Adult entries will receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places and all entries will receive a participation ribbon.
5. Junior entries will received ribbons for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place plus a $3 cash prize for 1st prize, $2 cash prize for 2nd place and $1 cash prize for 3rd place. All entries will receive a participation ribbon.
6. Best of Show award will be awarded by the Judges. All entries will be eligible to receive this honor.Adult Home Arts Categories
All Grange members 14-100+ (Men and Women) are encouraged to enter any or all of this year’s categories.I Baked Goods (men and women)
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed.
- Must be made from scratch, no mixes
- Display should be on a disposable plate or pan
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor.
A. Peaches - any type of baked item with peaches (fresh, canned or frozen)
B. Doctored up cake (use a box cake mix as a base & add other ingredients)
C. Cookies from a cake mix with other ingredients addedII Homemade Candies
A. Any type of fudge made from scratch
B. Any other type of candy made from scratchIII Canning
A. Jams & Jellies
B. Any variety of canned pickles
C. Any type of canned fruit
D. Any type of canned vegetableIV Knitting
A. Scarf & Mitten Set
C. Any other knitted itemV Crocheting
A. Scarf & Mitten Set
C. Any other crocheted itemVI Quilting
A. Tied quilt
B. Machine quilt
C. Pieced square
D. Group project
**NEW - The Quilting Contest only is open to Non-Members (Prospective members) also.VII Cross Stitch
A. Plastic canvas
B. A picture (no frame allowed)
C. Any other cross stitched itemVIII Greeting Card
A. Birthday card (Any medium)
B. Any other holiday (Any medium)IX Clothing
A. Decorated T-shirt (Any medium)
B. Decorated Sweatshirt (Any medium)X Table Decorations
A. Centerpiece (any medium)
B. Place mat (any medium)
C. Table Favor (any medium)XI Recycled Craft
A. Entry may be any item made out of old blue jeans (examples: headband, wallet, etc.)XII Antique Farm Item
A. Any item of yesteryear used in the kitchen or home.
Junior Home Arts Categories
Each category will be judged in 4 age groups:
Division I Junior Members - 6 & under
Division II Junior Members - 7-8 years old
Division III Junior Members - 9-11 years old
Division IV Junior Members - 12-14 years oldI Baked Goods
- Must include recipe, typed or legibly printed
- Must be from scratch (no mixes)
- Display of SIX should be on a disposable plate or pan
- Judging will be based on appearance, texture and flavor
A. Muffins from scratch
B. Brownies from scratch
Judging for categories II—VI will be based equally on workmanship, creativity and design.II Crochet, Knit, or Weave
B. Potholder or hot padIII Plastic Canvas
A. Any ItemIV Something from Nothing
A. Any Item, useful or decorative, using a plastic containerV Decorated Bird House
A. Made from any medium. An unfinished kit may be made then decorated.Be sure to check out other contests for Junior's in the Lecturer's, Juniors, and Deaf Awareness Programs.